“Safaris for Women – Guided by Women”
Recognizing that many women travel alone or in groups and that they have particular interests, concerns, and needs, we have created a “Women’s Safari Program“. No such program exists in East Africa and we think its time has come. Our goal is to ensure that women are guided and inspired by local women in the tourism business. There are only a few of professional, licensed and well experienced women safari guides in Tanzania. They will guide our women’s safaris. As much as possible, we will involve women in all aspects of the Women’s Safari Program.
We can offer guests a women’s safari program tour at any time. With only 4 guests as a tour minimum, facilitating a women’s tour is easy. Contact us if you are interested in taking a women’s tour. We also operate regular scheduled tours. Our next tour is in February 11-22, 2016. Click here for details of this tour.
We are honoured that travel agency-organized women’s safaris have been launched for 2016. We have a number of preferred travel agencies that organize escorted women’s safaris using our services. Click here for details of these 2016 women’s safaris. Our preferred suppliers’ contact details are provided in our Helpful Site Links page.
Our standard women’s safari tour is 11 days with a Northern Safari Circuit itinerary. The highlights of this itinerary are:
- Serengeti National Park (5 days) and Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area (2 days).
- Tour itineraries to align with the annual wildebeest migration cycle whenever possible
- Professionally licensed women safari guides (only 5 women guides in Tanzania)
- Visits to a local food market, an orphanage, the Maasai Women’s Secondary School, a Maasai village and a economic empowerment initiative for disabled persons.
- As a company owned by local Maasai we have access to cultural experiences that other safari companies don’t.